Sony Ericsson just launched a website to Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Play, Arc, Pro, Neo Officially. The website unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com will help you to how official on how Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Play, Arc, Pro, Neo Officially. Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone if you unlock the boot loader. Sony Ericsson can then no longer guarantee the full functionality of your phone, and will not be responsible for any unsigned custom software being flashed to the phone after the boot loader is unlocked.
Here is the Guide to Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Play, Arc, Pro, Neo Officially:-
- Click Continue at the bottom of this page to start the unlock boot loader process.
- Read through the information in the pop up window and click Yes, I’m sure.
- Read through and accept the legal terms. Click Accept.
- Enter you name, email address and the first 14 digits (remove the last digit) of your phone’s IMEI number in the input box. Click Submit. You can view the IMEI number by entering *#06# on your phone.
- The unlock boot loader key is displayed. Write down and save the key for later use.
- Download and install the latest Android SDK from developer.android.com.
- Go to unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/downloadinf.zip in your web browser and download a containing the android_winusb.inf-file. This is the standard Android file, with a few lines of code added to enable Fastboot to support Sony Ericsson devices.
- Unzip the file and place it in the usb_driver folder in the Android SDK folder on your computer. Accept to replace the old android_winusb.inf-file with the new.
- Turn off your phone.
- Push and hold the unlock button* on your phone at the same time as you connect the phone to with a USB-cable. See the note in the bottom of the page for information on what button to hold while connecting your phone to a computer.
- You will now be asked for drivers. Point to the usb_driver-folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and select the Android Bootloader Interface-file. If you are not asked for drivers, and your phone starts to boot as usual, it is not possible to unlock the boot loader on your phone.
- Open a command window and go to the tools folder in the Android SDK folder on your computer.
- Enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version, and verify that you get a response back (for example “0.3″). This means your phone is connected properly.
Note! If Fastboot displays <waiting for device>, check the host for USB device status. If any unknown devices are present, then check the driver installation. If your phone boots as normal and Fastboot is not starting, even though the USB drivers are working, the boot loader on your phone CANNOT be unlocked.
- Warning! If you perform this step, you will unlock the boot loader and which may void your warranty. If you want to unlock the boot loader of your phone, enter fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY, where KEYis the 14 character unlock boot loader key you got from the Unlock boot loader web page. You have now successfully unlocked the boot loader in your phone.
Via – Blogsdna